Monday, April 17, 2017

Contemporary Art by Jason Smith



Even though I am not an art connoisseur by any stretch of the imagination, I have always loved creative art, especially painting. I enjoy many different styles and own a lot of paintings, and I have long realized that what I really appreciate about them is their ability to please the eye. I don't typically look for hidden meanings and metaphors, historical significance or symbolism,  but I am very attracted to beautiful color palettes, harmonious compositions and unique painting styles. 

This is why I was delighted to discover Arizona-based artist Jason Smith and his work. Jason, according to his own words, is "a painter who creates paintings without all the mental baggage that would otherwise make him a practical person."

Each one of his pieces boasts a masterful use of color and an exceptionally lovely composition made up of a rhythmic repetition of lines and geometrical shapes. The results are quirky unique artworks that have a distinctly relaxing feel and are full of exciting little details that are so much fun to discover. 

When I see a painting I always try to imagine what kind of space it would look best in. I think Jason Smith's art would look amazing in a creative office space - like my new home office, or a modern living room, and his bright reds and oranges would be really pretty in a kid's playroom. His works titled "Restless" and "Fearless Optimist" bear a striking resemblance to fashion illustrations, so those of you who, like me, are fans of the genre, absolutely have to check them out! 

To learn more about Jason Smith and his work visit his website www.jasonsmithart.com or shop his paintings on everyone's favourite creative marketplace, Etsy

Do you guys have any favourites? I'm personally partial to his animal figures, especially the cats and birds. Let me know in the comments below! :)










3 comments :

  1. che quadri particolari.. mi piace tanto il primo.

    www.mammaaltop.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sono molto belli questi quadri
    un bacione
    admaiorasemper.website

    ReplyDelete
  3. originali questi quadri ma mi piacciono molto :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...